Breaking News

Simone Biles says winning her 20th world title feels ‘different’ but ‘exciting’

 


Simone Biles says winning her 20th world championship gold medal feels “just as good as the first one” as the American continues to impress on her comeback to the sport.

On Wednesday, Biles played a key role in a historic victory for the US in the women’s team final at the World Artistic Gymnastics Championships in Antwerp, Belgium.

Her impressive floor routine ensured the US won its seventh consecutive world title in the women’s team discipline.

Her latest world title comes exactly 10 years after Biles won her first at the same venue in 2013.


“I think each and every time you are crowned world champion, it feels a little bit different” 

Biles told Heath Thorpe, via Gymnastics Now, after clinching her latest gold medal.

“I mean I’m still surprised that I’m still going. I’m 26, I’m a little bit older, so it feels just as good as the first one. Just because we broke records, we came together, we had fight. It’s different, but it’s exciting.”





0 Comments

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Type and hit Enter to search

Close